Set Apart


We cannot cling on to the world and our old life, and seek to be in God's good grace.

James 4:4 KJV - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

I've found that, in times past, I would hang around my sinner friends and family and never reach the repentance and santification necessary for redemption because I felt constantly pressured and judged for doing the right thing. I would be scorned or mocked for not wanting to drink or smoke or fornicate or lie.


I've included a couple verses that show that while we can reach out to sinners as Jesus did, we should not dwell with unrighteousness:

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Matthew 8:21-22 KJV - And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my  father. [22] But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

2 Timothy 3:12 KJV - Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.


Psalm 1:1-6 KJV - Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. [2] But his delight is in the law of the Lord ; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. [3] And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. [4] The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. [5] Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. [6] For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

• Want to Be Saved?
• A New Creature
• Grace Alone By Faith Alone?
• Not Under the Law
• God or Money?
• Interfaith Movement
• Identity of God
• The Church
• The Narrow Way

Comments

Popular Posts