Want to be Saved?



Jesus Christ is the Son of God, meaning He is God manifested in the flesh (John 1:1-14). He is the only way to be saved (John 14:6). God became a man, born of a virgin (Mary), lived a perfect and sinless life, and gave Himself willingly on the cross over 2000 years ago for our sins. This was prophesied of long before He was born. 

• Isaiah 7:14
• Isaiah 9:6-7
• Isaiah 53
• Psalms 22

• Who is Jesus?



What is The First Step To Be Saved?

It is written that whosoever calls on His name shall be saved:

  • Acts 2:21 KJV — And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord (Jesus/Yeshua) shall be saved.
  • 1 John 1:8-10 KJV - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.


* This prayer alone will not save you, but is a good first step. Please open your heart to the Father and say this prayer from your heart aloud:

"My Father who is in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, I know that you are the Everlasting Father the Creator of all things both in Heaven and in Earth. I have sinned against you and others and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to atone for my own sins or to work my way to heaven. At this moment, I understand that You were born as a man named Yeshua/Jesus, and I trust that Christ Jesus alone was the One who took my sin when He died on the cross (Isaiah 53). I believe that the blood of Jesus made a way for me to be in your Holy presence.

I thank you that Christ Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him and will turn away from my sins. I will forgive all those who have done evil to me, as my sins have done evil to Christ and others. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures.

Heavenly Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Lord and Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through deep valleys and lead me into paths of righteousness for your name's sake..

Heavenly Father, please send me the Holy Spirit and accept me under your blood covenant of grace. I know that you are the great I Am who was, is, and always will be, the Lord Almighty, and that you were in Christ Jesus to die for my sins. I know that all power and authority both in Heaven and on Earth has been given to Jesus.

Heavenly Father, I intend to follow the commandments of Christ as recorded in the Holy Bible, and to grow in faith and righteousness and understanding of You and your Holy ways. I understand that my old sinful life has died on the cross with Christ, and I will be a new creature in Christ to do Your will on earth. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen." 



It is by accepting God's grace through trusting and obeying the gospel of Jesus and declaring with your lips and believing in your heart that Jesus is the Lord whom God has raised up from the dead on the third day, that we may be saved. (Romans 10:9) Also, please be baptised in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by a group of Spirit filled believers if you are able as ordered by Jesus to His disciples:

  • Matthew 28:18-20 KJV — And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.



* It is important that we take Jesus' command to forgive others who have hurt us seriously. God cannot forgive us if we do not forgive others:





The New Covenant of Christ

Jesus died to seal the New Covenant of grace through faith in Him as an atonement for our sins, yet we must put away the old sinful life and follow Him according to the scriptures. The Book of Hebrews outlines this New Covenant for us:

  • Hebrews 8:10-13 KJV — For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant , he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.





Salvation was not just meant for the Jews, but the Cross made away for anyone who will believe in Jesus:

  • John 3:16-21 KJV — For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.



Our Past Is Forgiven

Do not let Satan condemn you for past sins, the blood of Jesus has washed us clean but Satan will use people to condemn us into not believing in His grace and mercy. If we slip and sin again after being a Christian, it is not good but we have an advocate through Jesus Christ who interceeds for us to the Father. 




Studying The Holy Scriptures

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in three parts or persons (John 14). We can trust the Bible because it was written by men under the direction of the Holy Spirit:

  • 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV — All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The New Testament is most applicable for the Christian, yet, all of the Bible is important. The Four Gospels are written about the life, death, and ressurection as well as the teachings of Jesus (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John), and all vary in information but do not contradict each other. These teachings are applicable to the Christian of today.

The Book of Acts is written as a historical account of the founding Apostles and early Church. The Book of Psalms are applicable to every Christian and helps us understand God and prophecy to come.

The other books are Epistles (letters) to different churches at the time and mostly apply to us today. The Book of Revelation was written by Apostle John and contain Revelations for the end times, mostly the 7 year tribulation known as Jacob's Trouble or Daniel's 70th week. It also has information I regards to the Millineal Kingdom after the 7 year tribulation, and the Final Judgement at the End before New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven.




For more information on being saved and a true Holy Spirit filled Christian, please refer to these blogs:


Also, it is good to recite the LORD's prayer in secret every day to help you understand and remember this covenant:

  • Matthew 6:9-13 KJV — After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

A Personal Relationship 

The LORD wants to have a personal relationship with you through the Holy Scriptures and His Holy Spirit that will dwell within you. His Spirit will be a guide, a Father, a comforter, and lead you into all truth. It is a very good thing to seek after the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit of Christ.

Also, you may receive dreams and visions and even hear His voice (Acts 2:17).

He loves each of us and is not willing any will perish, and no one can pluck you from His hands but you must abide in Him and His words.



The Book of John, known as the Gospel of John, gives the account of the Apostle John who walked with Jesus on the earth. John tells us that it is only through Jesus Christ that we may be saved:

  • John 14:6 KJV - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


We also read, that without Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are condemned already, as He is the Passover Lamb of God who covers our sins:

  • John 3:16-18 KJV - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


Being Born Again

Jesus told us specifically that we must be born again by water and of the Spirit:

  • John 3:3-6 KJV - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.


To initiate the born-again experience we first have believe in Jesus as God in the flesh who died for our sins and rose again, and we then confess and forsake our sins, being water baptized into Christ for the remission of sins, and put our faith and trust in Jesus alone and obey His commandments. 

  • Acts 2:38 KJV - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  • Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest (down-payment) of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.



As followers of Christ, we are not under the Old Covenant of Moses as the nation of Israel, but we who believe in the Messiah recieve His Spirit, the Spirit of God, and He leads and transforms us according to His will and righteousness. We are then born again by His Spirit in us and our past sinful life is dead and gone:

  • 2 Corinthians 5:17-19 KJV - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; [19] To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


This New Covenant born-again promise was brought to us by the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Mediator and Testator of the covenant by the shedding of His blood on the Cross (Isaiah 53). The New Covenant promise is recorded here where the writer of book of Hebrews seems to be quoting from the Book of Jeremiah Chapter 31:

  • Hebrews 8:7-13 KJV - For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.


When we put our faith in Jesus, turn away from our sins, are water baptized in Christ, and make a commitment to follow His commandments, we receive His Spirit and He gives us a new heart and writes His laws into our mind so that we may be born again.


For more related End Times articles, please see below:


Please see some of these other disciple resources:

• Unplug














Comments

Popular Posts