Religion or Relationship?



The Catholics have a Religion, the Jewish Pharisees have a Religion, the Muslims have a Religion, the False Christian offshoots have a Religion. Yet, do they truly know God?

These religions however do not honor the God (Holy Trinity) in Spirit and in truth. These religions actually go against a lot of Jesus' teachings, giving way to religious dogmas and traditions of men rather than the ways of God. Some of the most Holy Spirit filled Christians I've meet have been at small house churches where a small gathering of Christians meet to worship and pray. The Holy Spirit usually has free reign and the gifts of the Spirit are practices such as prophesy, tongues and interpretation of tongues, etc.

  • John 4:21-24 KJV - Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. [22] Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. [23] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Religious people put value in their own appearance and self righteousness, adorning buildings in vain while neglecting the salvation of their souls. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, saying:

  • Matthew 15:7-9 KJV - Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias (Isaiah) prophesy of you, saying, [8] This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. [9] But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

* For information on discerning false prophets, false bretheren, and false teachers, please see my blog:

By Their Fruit

Even the lukewarm Christians of today have formed a Religion out of heretical man-made doctrines and routines, neglecting the leading of the Holy Spirit. A Church building is not the temple of God, but those who have the Spirit of Elohim (God) dwelling in them.


  • Acts 7:48-51 KJV - Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, [49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? [50] Hath not my hand made all these things? [51] Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did , so do ye.

Jesus said we must be born again, by water and by Spirit (John 3:5) to enter the Kingdom of God. That means we are baptised in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt 28:18) is the baptism of repentance. Once you receive the water baptism, turn away from your old sinful life (Romans 6), and show your desire for forgiveness and discipleship, you will receive the Holy Spirit. You must also believe that Jesus is God in the flesh who died for your sins and rose again three days later and publically confess Him as your Lord and savior (Romans 10:9).


Jesus, God Almighty embodied, said if you love me keep my commandments. Take time to get to know Jesus, study His teachings in the Bible, pray to Him, open your heart to Him. Believe He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him.

  • Matthew 7:7-8 KJV - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: [8] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.


In the Book of Hebrews, Aposlte Paul told us that we recieve the New Covenant through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. We will receive His Spirit and each will know Him personally:

  • Hebrews 8:7-13 KJV - For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant , he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

• The Chief Cornerstone

Religions such as Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Islam, and others try to take away the personal relationship between you and Jesus and impose the man-made authority of their Church organization. However, scripture tells us from the mouth of Jesus:

  • Matthew 23:8-15 KJV - But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. [9] And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. [10] Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. [11] But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. [12] And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. [13] But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves , neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. [14] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. [15] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.


* for information on corrupt churches, false doctrines, apostasy, and lukewarm churches of America, please.see these articles:

Dead Branches
Apostasia
The Food of Death


Jesus tells us the way to recieve His Holy Spirit and be reconciled to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit which are One:

  • John 14:15-27 KJV - If ye love me, keep my commandments. [16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. [19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. [20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. [22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? [23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. [24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. [25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. [27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.








Comments

Popular Posts